November 14, 2011

The First Third of a Long and Blessed Journey

Almost exactly a year ago, I had written a post celebrating my 250th movie from TSPDT's list of 1000 Greatest Movies of all time. A little while ago I finished watching 'Spartacus', my 334th movie from the list. I am glad to have finished one-third of this long and blessed journey of watching the greatest films.

'Spartacus' is also my twelfth and last Kubrick feature (not counting the 72-min long, least-seen 'Fear and Desire' that the director himself disowned later) and my 210th film this year (not counting the not-good ones).

Following are the last 10 movies that helped me reach the figure of 334. It features some of the biggest names, and thus looks good!
  • 'Strangers on a Train' (1951) by Alfred Hitchcock
  • 'El' (1952) by Luis Bunuel
  • 'Kes' (1969) by Ken Loach
  • 'The Last Temptation of Christ' (1988) by Martin Scorsese
  • 'Jaws' (1975) by Steven Spielberg
  • 'The Treasure of the Sierra Madre' (1948) by John Huston
  • 'The Wrong Man' (1956) by Alfred Hitchcock
  • 'The Bridge on the River Kwai' (1957) by David Lean
  • 'Wild at Heart' (1990) by David Lynch
  • 'Spartacus' (1960) by Stanley Kubrick
Looking forward to reaching the 400-mark. By this rate, it should happen about a year from now.

2 comments: